Everyone is our reflection

It is not from your own goods that you give to the beggar, it is the portion of his own that you are restoring to him. The Earth belongs to all. So you are paying back a debt and think you are making a gift to which you are not bound to.
- Saint Ambrose

It was a bright morning. He had just left. I was into my TV as usual. I got a call from his number. I cant remembered the words, Someone told me he met with an accident and the caller asked me to come to Apollo ASAP. Literally trembling, I rushed through and got there, but against to all my weird thoughts that flushed to my mind in a while, he was all fine. As soon as I came, he told me we can leave and there was nothing to worry about. I could feel something wrong, the way everyone over there reacted to me. 
After some two months, on a fine morning he was late to wake up. I went to him to shake him up, but noticed his nostrils bleeding. I called for help. Waiting outside shocked, the doctor came and inferred me about my relatives around. I asked him what happened and tried being as normal as I could. But then, I could not literally understand anything after that. He took me to his desk and made me sit there and explained. I could recollect some words, brain-expensive-surgery-pray-god. I was like totally numb. Couldn't feel anything. I thought for a second what will I do? All I have is him. What will I do?
The surgery was to be done immediately. The expense was too big for us to handle. No one to ask help for. I pleaded god for showing me some hope. I was just living dead and could not do anything. I finally decided as there was no other way.  
Days passed by and the inner might in me was falling apart. It was around noon, I was in front of a gate. I could hear the dogs bark. I could see a man sitting in front of the house. The dogs bark was so much that someone came from inside and shushed the dog. I came inside the compound and the man asked me "what's the matter woman?". Even before I was trying to explain my situation he went inside. I waited there, and I could see the dogs stare at me. But there was someone besides the dog. The time passed by. And the man came and handed me a ₹5 coin. I knew if this is the way it is going, things are not going to work. I couldn't resist but tried to tell the man my situation. Then, I clearly recollect the words that came from his mouth before even I started saying anything. "You don't say anything. Just shut your mouth and get lost from here.". I turned and walked back. Slowly walked off, thinking about the man. 
Turning the situation all over, if you've read carefully you would've noticed someone that came and shushed the dog. That was my son and the man himself was me. My son is the one who wrote this and my son is me, MYSELF.

- all characters in the above context are fictitious and mean no disgrace to anyone's identity 

Comments

Popular Posts